Superannuation in Australia refers to the arrangements which people make to have funds available for them to live on in retirement. Superannuation arrangements are government supported and encouraged and the employer is required to contribute a proportion of the employee’s salaries and wages to a superannuation fund of your choice. From 1st January 2014, employer’s contributions are set to increase incrementally over the next 7 years to 12%.
Why is super important?
- Superannuation has been designed to provide you with an income when you retire.
- Saving through superannuation is more tax-effective than any other types of savings or investments.
- Accumulating superannuation ensures that you achieve your financial goals and secure the retirement you would like to attain.
Superannuation is fast becoming the largest asset for many Australians. As a result, seeking professional advice is necessary to ensure you’re making the most of this tax-effective investment vehicle. We can assist with the appropriate superannuation structure for you and recommend strategies for growing your super balance, such as how to purchase property using your super. We keep abreast of relevant legislation to ensure you take advantage of all strategies available to you.
The magic to growing your super is to:
- Start young
- Start saving now
- Retire on 70% of your income
- Take advantage of the snowball effect – compound interest
- Save at least 10% of your salary each year
Superannuation in Australia is taxed by the Australia taxation system and can be confusing. We can manage the TAX liability by providing expert advice on superannuation and self-managed super funds (SMSF) and provide you with the right advice to enable you to enjoy your retirement “in the style you would like to become accustomed to”
What we have to offer:
Our Advisers have the expertise to provide you with appropriate advice to suit your particular circumstances. We take the time to assess your needs and find the solution specifically for you and your family
Contact us today so that we can set you on the path to financial security when you reach retirement.