No matter how far away it is, having a plan is the best way to ensure your retirement matches your dreams and expectations.
Retirement planning can assist you to plan and manage your financial situation for your retirement, so you can maintain a regular income, enjoy life and retire with confidence.
Important questions that need to be discussed about retirement planning are;
- How soon would you like to retire?
- What do you plan to do with your time when you retire?
- How much super do you have?
- How many years of retirement do you need to plan for?
- Are you thinking of working part-time?
- Will you be making any big purchases like a house, car or holiday?
- Will you access the age pension or other Centrelink benefits?
A sound retirement plan can help you:
- Prepare for your retirement.
- Utilise tax-efficient strategies to transfer your wealth.
- Plan your estate so your loved ones are taken care of.
With the right investment strategy, products such as account based pensions and annuities can make your money work for you.