No matter how far away it is, having a plan is the best way to ensure your retirement matches your dreams and expectations.
Important questions that need to be discussed about retirement planning are;
- How soon would you like to retire?
- What do you plan to do with your time when you retire?
- How much super do you have?
- How many years of retirement do you need to plan for?
- Are you thinking of working part-time?
- Will you be making any big purchases like a house, car or holiday?
- Will you access the age pension or other Centrelink benefits?
A sound retirement plan can help you:
- Prepare for your retirement.
- Utilise tax-efficient strategies to transfer your wealth.
- Plan your estate so your loved ones are taken care of.